Any business falling within the scope of registration must be registered with the relevant regulator, be it the Care Quality Commission, the Care Inspectorate Wales, the Care Inspectorate, Ofsted or the Department for Education.

The process of registration can be complicated and lengthy but if a provider prepares itself thoroughly then it should run more smoothly. Our team of specialist lawyers can make sure that this process is as seamless as possible.

Providers of learning disability services are, in particular, faced with registration difficulties given the CQC’s reliance on guidance documents such as ‘Right Support, Right Care, Right Culture’ and imposing restrictions on the number of beds and location, amongst other things. Ridouts has achieved success at the stage where the CQC might refuse an application to register a service (the Notice of Proposal or “NOP” stage) and on appeal at the First Tier (Care Standards) Tribunal.

Ridouts can help you by:

Outcomes achieved include:

Do you want to talk to an expert
about your situation?

Related articles

Case Study


Get content like this straight to your inbox! 

* indicates required
Choose to receive...
Ridouts’ E-Newsletter tailored to:
Events and more

I agree to my data being processed in accordance with Ridouts' privacy policy:

Can we help?