CQC is currently consulting on plans for inspecting primary care dental services and rating ambulance and independent healthcare services.
Its plans are set out in three consultation documents for:
- NHS and independent ambulances
- Primary care dental services
- Independent acute healthcare
CQC Chief Executive David Behan said: “We are setting out the changes we are proposing to make to the way we regulate dental services, ambulance services and independent healthcare services will help us to make sure that they provide safe, high-quality care. We want to hear what professionals, clinicians and members of the public think of these proposals.”
The main details of the consultation are:
- Ratings based around the five key questions for ambulance and independent health services
- Rating 10 per cent of dental practices per year
- Defining the three distinct groups in independent healthcare and the four “core” ambulance services
- Should CQC introduce ratings for primary care dental care in the future?
- Should special measures be introduced and whether there should be a rating at corporate provider level for the independent healthcare sector?
All three consultations will run until 23 January 2015. More details can be found on CQC’s website.